WAREHOUSE MANAGER | AUCKLAND
- Australia’s largest privately owned Freight Forwarder
- Permanent full time position (Monday to Friday)
- Competitive remuneration
- Penrose Location – Get out of the airport traffic!
- VISA Global Logistics is one of Australia’s largest, privately-owned, international freight forwarding companies. We provide a complete end-to-end service offering inclusive of pick up at origin, air freight and sea freight, customs clearance, warehousing and transport. Unlike our competitors, VISA provides these services in-house, giving us greater control and flexibility throughout the freight-forwarding, warehousing and transport journey.
Due to the rapid expansion of our business we are seeking an enthusiastic and customer driven individual to join and lead our Penrose Warehouse Division.
As the Warehouse Manager you are accountable for the commercial success and safety of our Warehouse operations which receives and stores, moves and ships supplies, stock and materials ensuring the safe and effective storage and distribution of customer goods, on time and without damage.
Reporting to the Branch Manager and National Warehouse Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations;
- Maintain quality standards and reporting within company Warehouse Management Systems;
- Ensures smooth delivery of client goods;
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing to the warehouse operations and recommendations to strategic plans;
- Ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met by all team members;
- In conjunction with reporting manager, meet financial objectives, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions;
- Build people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and develop team members to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals;
- Delivers effective leadership while driving business changes;
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to assist team members to solve operational issues;
- Motivates the team members to achieve company goals.
To be successful you should have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in warehouse team leadership or management;
- Strong knowledge of WMS processes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of various IT Systems (EDI or similar system) and WMS (paperless or similar) and Excel;
- A positive attitude;
- Be a strong team leader and have the ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent organisational skills.
VISA is looking for someone to come in and provide solutions not problems, be approachable, friendly, a strong negotiator, and whilst being of a high professional standard, also be willing to roll your sleeves up and assist your warehouse team when required.
Interested? Click HERE to apply today!!
As we receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies, we will only contact you directly should you be successful through to the next stage of our recruitment process.
No Agencies Please.