As we continue learn more about the spread of Coronavirus in our communities, we want to be transparent about what we’re doing as a company to protect our clients and our team.
We will continue to follow the guidance of the Australian Government and World Health Organisation.
VGL has implemented a comprehensive plan to both safeguard the health and well-being of our team and maintain our operations and services to our customer. As things continue to evolve our plan will be revised.
What we are doing now:
- To support business continuity, we have rolled out a workplace segregation and isolation plan to establish separated teams. This will facilitate business continuity in the unfortunate event of a staff member contracting COVID-19.
- Within our workplaces we have implemented 2 metre social distancing rules to further reduce the chances of infection.
- VGL through its IT systems already has home working capabilities and we are this week moving to have key staff operate from their homes.
- We have increased the frequency of the cleanings in our facilities so that we are disinfecting surfaces throughout the day in addition to having the offices cleaned thoroughly at night.
- We have stopped all business travel, attendance to events and face to face meetings, both internal and external, until such time that the Australian Government and World Health Organisation advise that it is safe to recommence face to face meetings.
- A COVID-19 SOP has been established for our truck drivers which establishes safe working rules for them as they come in contact with the various parties in the wharf to customer supply chain.
- We are continuing to educate our team on the importance of good hygiene, providing them with health education and support whenever needed.
- Our team will be available as usual during regular business hours via phone / mobile or on-line conferencing.
- Our priority is to ensure the health and well-being of our team whilst providing operational capability and service continuity for your business.
The safety and health of our clients and employees is of the utmost importance and we will be monitoring the Coronavirus situation and updating our policies as the need arises. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your local VGL Representative.