TRANSPORT DAYSHIFT SUPERVISOR | BANKSMEADOW
VISA is seeking an enthusiastic and customer driven Dayshift Supervisor to join our transport team. Some rotation of work between sites in Banksmeadow and Erskine Park may be required.
As an experienced transport allocator/ supervisor, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in container transport, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the transport functions. The Dayshift Supervisor will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Organizing fleet driver availabilities and delivery requests on behalf of customers;
- Ensuring containers and cargo are collected, received and delivered within the desired timeframe;
- Notify customers of any potential delays to minimize impact on their business;
- Remain up to date with vessel scheduling;
- Communicate with internal staff should slot bookings be altered;
- Accurate recording of job notes within relevant online systems;
- Management of night fleet drivers daily run sheets; and
- Other ad hoc duties as requested.
To be successful the ideal candidates should have:
- Two (2) years exposure in shipping container transport working environment;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, constantly being on the go;
- Excellent verbal and organisational skills;
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently;
- Proven working knowledge of EDI, or1-Stop advantageous;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines with little impact to clients;
- Be a team player, have a positive attitude and have the ability to work autonomously; and
- Holder of a Current Drivers Licence (HR or HC licence an advantage but not essential)
As we receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies, we will only contact you directly should you be successful through to the next stage of our recruitment process. No Agencies Please.
Interested? Apply today!