Mondiale VGL’s transport division operates in an environment where, the various parties in the part of the international supply chain that covers the movement between ship and customer DC operate disparately from each other.
To meet the micro demands of our customers, Mondiale VGL has had to establish, at significant cost intermodal facilities to manage the time of day operational disconnect between the terminal operators, empty container yards and the delivery requirements of our customers.
Over time the cost of dealing with the operational disconnect of these parties and the costs of maintaining our intermodal terminal facilities has risen substantially. Some of the cost increases include;
- Increasing rental costs.
- Increasing equipment capital and operating costs.
- Increasing labour and other operational costs due to;
- The ever-increasing congestion of our facilities caused by bottlenecks at ship terminals and empty container yards (storing both prior to delivery and again after delivery).
- The continued and worsening disconnect between operational hours of ship terminals, customer demands and empty container yards.
The Intermodal Terminal Levy (ITL) will replace “container lift” fees, and enable Mondiale VGL to now provide from vessel arrival 6 “free storage days” per container.
The ITL will be charged on all full containers passing through Mondiale VGL’s intermodal terminals (empty containers transiting back through our terminal will be exempt), and will be subject to 6 monthly review.
The rates per each full container will be as follows:
- Sydney: $23.75 per full container.
- Brisbane: $19.50 per full container.
- Melbourne: $18.00 per full container.
- Perth: $19.50 per full container
The levy will apply to all full containers entering Mondiale VGL’s intermodal terminals on or after 19 March 2018. Should you have any questions regarding this levy please contact your Customer Service Representative or our National Transport Manager Scott Walker on 02 9695 3830